Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Sabath

Elizabeth and I have not been influenced by the 7th Day Adventist, nor do we know anyone that encourages or perpetuates worship on Saturdays. Independently but coincidentally during the same week, we both came to the same conclusion, the seventh day of the week is Saturday. If we are going to be honest to ourselves and the Bible, we have to also be honest to the fact that the seventh day of the week is Saturday. There is no debate about that, it's indisputable. The only area that is arguable is how important it is to observe the seventh day's importance. When addressing this it helps to know the history and what caused all of Christendom to change from Saturday to Sunday.

Remember the importance of this to us is that we are trying to be as honest as possible to the Word of God without any outside interference.

The following is an email I received, I apologize to anyone that may claim authorship but it puts everything into perspective perfectly from a historical point. I emphasize that the personal decision to worship on Saturday vs Sunday is a very personal one and should be taken seriously. Many people object to Saturday worship. Be prepared.


The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine
By Rev. Peter Geiermann, C. SS. R.B.
 Herder Book Co.
Saint Louis, Mo. 1946

 48
3. THE THIRD COMMANDMENT. 
Q. What is the Third Commandment?
A. The Third Commandment is: Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day. 
Q. Which is the Sabbath day?A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Q. Why do we observe Sunday instead of
Saturday?A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday. 
Q. Why did the Catholic Church substitute Sunday for Saturday?
    A. The Church substituted Sunday for Saturday, because Christ rose from the dead on a Sunday and the Holy Ghost descended upon the Apostles on a Sunday. 

   Q.   By what authority did the church substitute Sunday for Saturday?
   
A.    The Church substituted Sunday for Saturday by the plenitude of that divine power which Jesus Christ bestowed upon her.

I am not a Catholic, I am a Porter. The seventh day of the week is Saturday. We read from left to right. If we were to have seven blocks in front of us and we were told to pick up the seventh block, how many of us would pick up the first block? That's right, none of us. That's the core of my argument. It becomes a decision between tradition and fundamentalism. The latter term has a negative connotation because standing for ones personal principles ruffles feathers. 

My opinion is that I am living my life and no one else's, and in five years I will still only be living my life. I have to liv my life being honest to myself. Saturday is the seventh day.

No comments:

Post a Comment