Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Worse Than An Infidel

1 Timothy 5:8
King James Version (KJV)
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

I would hate to think that one day after feeling that I had pursued the Lord with all my heart, that a simple and fairly unmentioned verse like this could be used as a reason for my rejection when I try to enter heaven.  For me, being a husband and a father is a very serious responsibility. I do all I can in my ability to make sure my wife is happy and provided for.  I will, as my biblical responsibility, do the same when I become a father. I am currently 29 years old, I've desired to be a father for 10 years now, so when that time comes I will be very thankful and will do all in my power to make sure that my sons and daughters feel that they are fully and fairly provided for.

I discussed with Elizabeth the idea of providing for our children so that they are financially stable when they leave our home. I told her that I desired to put away 100$ per month/per child till they reached the age of twenty or they got married, whichever came first.

She agreed that it was a good and feasible idea. Our desire is that if saints join us, that they would likewise honor this tradition. And for those that already have children it is not too late to start. Children should appreciate any thoughtful consideration put their way.

Fully the idea is that if two Porter youth intend to marry, they will jointly have roughly 45-50,000$ to spend on their home to establish them with as little debt as possible. Materially that is the greatest blessing a father can give his child, whether it be the father of the son or of the daughter, both are called to provide for his respective child.

With the said son having been taught a trade and also having been helped financially in this matter, he should be readily able to succeed in any venture he undertakes to provide for his wife and future children.

It should go without saying that the money provided for the children does not necessarily need to be spent on the house alone. It can/ could also be spent on tools/livestock/kitchen equipment and so on. The ideal is what is important, not so much how the money is utilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment