Sunday, June 29, 2014

June's Update

It has definitely been too long since my last post.

We've had a world of projects we've been working on.

We tried making sauerkraut; it failed.

We are in the process of making wine; we have to wait 6 months to know if that failed or not!

I've been working two or three nights a week making my quarter acre garden a reality. It's looking nice. It's a little over half done.
It's struggling a little bit this year, but next year I think it will really take off. Th weed suppression of the woodchips is incomparable to any other method. It's almost maintenance free. There is the occasional blade of grass here-and-there but they are easily removed by simply wiggling my finger around the base of the plant and tracing the roots all the way to the end. The chips make this so easy; it's effortless. I simply pull it out once I've found it's end. That's it.

There hasn't been any sewing in this house in a while. We've been very busy between maintaining friendships, keeping house, the garden, our daughter, meeting for sabbath, not to mention work!

When this garden gets established, I will find myself with much less work to do; it will feel odd. I may have time to maintain this blog, lol!

I've forgotten to mention our bees! They are sooo healthy it's great, they really love our buckwheat.

 Did I ever mention I grew buckwheat?
Well we did and aside from the Johnson grass growing right through it in a localized patch, it did great.

I've been dealing with some rabbits lately, I'm having to relocate them. They love my beans a bit too much. I thought I only had three that were eating in my garden but I am beginning to suspect there may be close to a dozen in the local area.

Great things are happening in life and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I'm thankful to be in the will of Yah. I am thankful for all the people in my life and for the new people I am meeting. A single person can transform your life forever.

I think this is all the post for now. And as usual, "I'll try to ad photos later". Right....Sure...

No really, I mean it.

Shalom to all and Yah bless you


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are very blest!...Do you homechurch? Or have a local body you are part of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are two groups that we meet with, one is on the sabbath. That group is small, we meet in homes. There are only about 4-5 families in that group. They are mainly married folks that have retired. We are unusual in that we are in our early 30's.

    Once a month a group of like-believers meets that has families from various home church groups. It totals maybe 70-90 people depending on various variables.

    We also meet with some Anabaptist in a town about three hours from us. It is a group of Old Brethren. It's a small group but it is growing steadily. They may have close to a dozen or more families now for regular attendance. Some times we are able to go out there weekly, other times only once every several months. With our lives being so occupied and also having taken the previous day as the sabbath, it becomes difficult to justify the loss of a day.

    Hope this answers your question.

    Shalom and Yah bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have your bases covered! My husband and I wish we could find a body of likeminded believers(we are late 40's)...we like to say we are 'mennocostal'..while I do not 'cover' my hair there are so many aspects of the Mennonites I agree with and relate to. However I was raised and just recently left a pentecostal church and there are aspects of that denomination I also agree with(gifts of the spirit) so its hard...right now we are simply taking it one day at time, finding our way, walking with the Lord! I love your blog and the information you provide about your beliefs! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate it. I know even in a household of like-believers, it can still seem lonely. We encountered that for quite a while till we found the Hebrew Roots crowd.

    Tonight I'm working in the garden again. Pulling weeds and making room for wood chips. It will be beautiful when I am done.

    Shalom and Yah bless!

    ReplyDelete