Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Beef Heart, Liver And Raw Cow's Milk!








Last Saturday Elizabeth and I were able to take a trip to one of our local farmers markets. Unfortunately we forgot to take pictures of it. We'll have to make a point of doing that next weekend.

For as long as I can remember Elizabeth and I have sought raw cow's milk. Only recently in the state of Arkansas has the sale of raw milk been legalized, as long as the milk is sold on the farm to the customer. This excites us for many reasons. Some of those reasons include the health benefits, the ability to make our own cheese, we'd like to make cottage cheese, and the fact that we just simply need to know how to handle it in general. I can't imagine getting to make real butter for the first time. I get excited just thinking about it.

Well much to our surprise when we arrived at the farmers market, one of the first booths we saw was of a grass fed beef operation. Further to our surprise they sold organ meats! The prices were very reasonable. We purchased a heart and a liver for less than ten dollars! We figure between the two, that there are probably somewhere between 3-5 meals. We'll see and I'll give an update when the time is due.

Above all, they sell raw cow's milk. I couldn't believe it. All of our beef issues had been settled! We had a source of organs, milk, and grass fed beef. What a weight off our shoulders. Now we just need to get a deep-freeze and another fridge.

If you are wondering why grass-fed organ meats would get us excited it is because of the tooth diet that we are on. They have a high amount of amount of phosphorous and that along with calcium is what is necessary for teeth to regenerate.

 



I'll admit up until this diet, I spent a great deal of time pondering how I would dodge out of a situation where someone expected me to eat liver. Well frankly although I'm honestly not expecting that I will like it, I am expecting it to help my teeth.

Indigenous people on an indigenous diet do not have tooth rot. They do not have cavities. Typically their tooth decay is 0.5 cavities per 100 people. The trick is to mimic their diets. It's not easy but fortunately the Lord has taken care of us with many regards regarding diet.

I'll admit that I don't think I'm eating enough. But at this point I think that a lot of that has to do with the fact that we are having to figure out how to wiggle around this diet. For example, we can have sweet potatoes and they are supposed to be good for us. Well we need to find some sweet potatoes!
We've not had any yet. We are having to completely overhaul the way we look at our pantry and our fridge. I need to look at where Ramiel Nagel's book stands on tomatoes. I like them, I'm hoping they aren't an offender.

I just red that liver is high in copper, this really excites me. I'm so eager to watch this regrowth accelerate.

Well I've looked at my book again and only found one reference to tomatoes, I guess they are just in the middle. However here is a picture that may tell you what you don't want to know.

 



 
I'll let you know how the taste test goes. The liver I expect to be offensive, the heart I expect to be veiny but still tasty.

Pleasure aside, health gains will be made.

A last note for the night. Elizabeth and I both still don't understand how it's healthy to eat an organ that is commonly believed to be full of toxins. If you understand the science behind it all we'd be happy to listen.

Michael E. McCartan
 
 
 

 
 

 
 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment