Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Teeth Are Growing!

My Teeth are growing!

Alright for as long as I can remember, I've had poor teeth. Every time I went to the dentist I knew I was going to get bad news about how I didn't take good enough care of my teeth, and the ever expected "did you floss?". 

Always thinking in my head," what do you mean, did I floss?!, you KNOW the answer to THAT!". 

Well for just as long, I've also always thought that teeth should be able to heal themselves. I never heard anyone espouse the same concept, but still always felt strongly that God would not give us teeth that he just expected to rot out of our mouth without any control about it and with no way to reverse it. 

When I began truck driving, my teeth were not terrible but they weren't excellent either.  

As time went by I could begin to tell that I was developing holes in my teeth. My gums never looked healthy no matter how much I brushed. 

I gave up on my teeth. I've not been to a dentist for a cleaning in probably 10 years. 

As I drove and went through the constant malnourishment and exhaustion of being on the road and also only having sugar drinks to keep me awake on my trips, the holes became worse and worse. Cream Soda was my favorite drink. I could drink three or four in a day easily.

Thankfully I never lost a tooth, although there was a tooth in the back of my mouth that was so bad I wouldn't even let Elizabeth see it for fear of her taking me to a dentist against my will. Thankfully we never could afford all the work I would have needed. 

I told Elizabeth about my ideology and how I always felt that teeth should be able to heal back like any other part of the body. I asked her if she could find anything on the Internet about my suspicions. 

It took her a little bit of hunting but she found what I was looking for. A diet solely intended to grow teeth back and to cure cavities. 

The author of the book we bought is Ramiel Nagel. The name of the book is "Cure Tooth Decay". 

I'm only writing this because after being on the diet and I mean that very loosely, my teeth are healing themselves. When your teeth first begin to show signs of healing, it's kind of creepy. It goes against everything we are told from dentist. If we have a cavity and they find it, the only solution is to get a filling. Well now we know better.

(We've not been as strict on the diet as we could have been.) but that will be changing. Now that we know it does in fact work, we now have so much motivation to go full steam ahead! 

I'll try to make this easy to understand, because it really is all new to me. 

OK, so if I were you, I'd be wanting to know what is different about this diet. 
The bottom line is this, no sugars or grains. This will not work for vegetarians and especially not vegans. Don't even waste your time with vain questions about "what-if's". 

I'll tell you about how things worked for me. I tried to be semi methodical about it. I've been doing this now for I'm guessing three serious weeks. It took us some time once I was home to really mentally adjust to this "new normal". It took a while to get used to no fruit juice. Although I have had pure cranberry juice (very very tart) and have seen no stalling or reversal of improvement. 

Ok, but first things first. I knew I had to start with my gums, and preferably the most natural way. Elizabeth had told me that I could use hydrogen peroxide as a mouth wash. I was excited about that because it's natural tendency to fizz when it finds infection is an easy aid to let me know when I need to use more or less, or wash with it more than once. When I first started with it, I think I rinsed at least five times with it, and always before bed.  

It took two or three days but very quickly my gums became as pink as my inner lips. I felt great about that. Hydrogen peroxide is very good about cleaning your teeth of any films and food particles, which is great if like me you have holes in your teeth. 

And something I didn't know about hydrogen peroxide till even recently, the bottle actually says that you can use it as a mouthwash! When I started using it, I thought I was doing something untested with it, all I knew was that it worked. Then one day I noticed it right on the bottle, made me feel much safer about all the fizz I felt in my mouth. 

 We'll be trying to take pictures soon, because at the rate they are healing now people may think that I'm exaggerating. 

The other thing I've been doing is taking vitamins and supplements at night and always when my stomach is full. I take six different types. The ones that I can remember the names of are silica, a type of butter oil capsule, a multi vitamin, fermented cod liver oil, vitamin D, and brewers yeast.  The last one isn't necessary, I just added it because we had it in the house and it's cheap. Can't hurt right?  

I've written so much that I'll let you digest all this. Bottom line, I didn't like dentists before but now mine is really out of a job.

When your teeth begin to heal you will notice the dentin. Due to its color it is easy to mistake it for rot, however because it is growing back in a place where there was once a hole, you know that in fact your tooth is healing itself. It's exciting when you see the layers of your teeth regenerating.

Something else I've noticed is that now that I am doing this, some of my teeth feel a sort of soft pressure in my gums. What I think is happening, is increased blood flow not only due to increased health in my gums but it's also increased attention from my body trying to heal the teeth. It's no different than your body healing a skinned knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment